Artist Docs & Onboarding
Hello! Thanks for joining us on our journey and trusting us to create an amazing experience for your collectors. This will be a lot of fun
This document provides a step-by-step guide to deploy an Art Blocks Engine smart contract suite. Before deploying to mainnet, contracts should be thoroughly tested on Goerli to help the owner familiarize themselves with function calls and reduce the chances of making a mistake with a production contract.
The Bright Moments team will create a Discord channel with you to initiate your onboarding. Provide the Bright Moments team with the artist wallet address that you will use. This wallet will need to submit several transactions during the setup process, so make sure you have access to the wallet and can easily submit multiple transactions.
The smart contract is deployed on the Goerli testnet which uses "fake" ETH to pay for transactions. You can request Goerli ETH here: https://faucet.paradigm.xyz/
- 2.Connect your wallet associated with the artist address you provided to the Bright Moments team and sign the nonce to connect to the Art Blocks staging website.
- 3.Visit your project’s test environment by going to the Goerli URL, replacing the last field (<PROJECT-ID>) with your Project ID: staging.artblocks.io/engine/fullyonchain/projects/0xe745243b82ebC46E5c23d9B1B968612c65d45f3d/PROJECT-ID.
- 4.Edit the project fields.
- Project name
- Artist name
- Project website
- Project description
- Display notes (optional)
- Project license: eg. NFT License 2.0, CC BY-NC 4.0, CC BY 4.0, etc
- Maximum invocations: collection size
- Base uri: https://token.staging.artblocks.io/0xe745243b82ebc46e5c23d9b1b968612c65d45f3d/
- Script type
- Aspect ratio (width / height)
- 5.Upload your project script. We recommend splitting your code into 10 kb chunks uploaded over multiple transactions. More info here on preparing your script for Art Blocks Engine: https://docs.artblocks.io/creator-docs/creator-onboarding/readme/#documentation
- 6.Upload your features script. More info here: https://docs.artblocks.io/creator-docs/creator-onboarding/readme/project-form-fields-guide/#features
- 1.Go to the Minter smart contract: https://goerli.etherscan.io/address/0x9f19dc02fe3fdf5c9242812c355226186cf3b71b#writeContract
- 2.Connect to Etherscan using your artist ETH wallet
- 3.Find Write function 3) _purchase
- 4.Input the following:
- _purchase = 0
- _projectId = <PROJECT-ID>
- 5.Click "Write" and confirm the transaction in your ETH wallet
- 6.View your test print at: https://artist-staging.artblocks.io/engine/fullyonchain/projects/0xe745243b82ebC46E5c23d9B1B968612c65d45f3d/<PROJECT-ID>
- 7.Once you are satisfied with the outputs, notify the Bright Moments team in Discord that you would like to get set up with a project shell on mainnet.
- Testnet (Goerli)
To view your project interface, replace (<PROJECT-ID>) with your Project ID.